Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love: S.S. and Green Tongues

Today I got a lovely package in the mail from my secret sister, Stacy! I have never met Stacy but we both belong to the Natural LDS Living Forum where we do secret sister's quarterly. My package included homemade apple butter, chocolate toffee peanuts, Burt's bees soap and chap stick, cozy socks, and a scented soy candle. Love it!

I really needed this after I opened my electric bill that was over $100! This really breaks my heart because I have been trying so hard to keep our usage down. I wonder if PA has the highest electricity prices in the nation? Nope, that is Hawaii. While I don't feel as bad knowing that, we moved from the state with the LOWEST utility prices so the shock is having a hard time wearing off.

More love: green tongue twins! Like father, like daughter. Ravenna received a FunDip valentine at the party that we went to this morning and she decided to share with her daddy. Can you guess what flavor it was?

3 comments:

HailerStar said...

Be glad you don't live in AZ in the summer. The electric bill goes through the roof! (I sometimes think this state has the worst electric prices ... cuz we keep getting notices that they voted to up the rates again ... and again ... and again ...)
Random tip: if you want to keep your electric usage down, you can help lower the bill by unplugging whatever you're not using (large appliances still drain power even when they're not turned 'on' ... so unplugging the computer or TV or even the toaster can help lower the bill ... we tried it and it worked, we also have our computer and our tv and such all plugged into powerstrips/surge protectors ... that way you flip a switch and it all goes off instead of actually getting up and down and crawling under desks to unplug and replug).

Dejah said...

Ravenna is getting so big! Such a cute girl!

Mary said...

Had fun with you last night. We should have you guys over sometime. Although what I would cook for you is beyond me.