Saturday, January 30, 2010

New House: The front and basement

From the main floor to the basement

Yes, I keep my mop in the foyer. That is the front entry door to the left of the mop.

The front yard which you can't totally see but I was cold and barefoot so this is what you get. I head a wreath on the door but the wind blew it away in the freak storm we had last week.

What you see when you walk in the front door.

The view from the foyer into the basement. The desk set-up is where Andrew does his school work. There is still a lot of organizing to be done, but we don't have enough shelves to put it all.

The food storage shelves get priority. We don't have much but we are working on it. My system so far is to have sugar/fruit on the right, beans/protein in the middle and canning/personal care items on the left. Our rice, oatmeal and powdered milk is in the boxes under the TP.

My future craft area! There isn't much to see really aside from a ton of clutter. We need shelves badly but until then, everything sits in boxes. There you have it!

No comments: