Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas at the Whitlock Manor

While a little late, please enjoy this post with pictures of our delightful Christmas celebrations. In the above picture Ravenna is ecstatic to have received two "Baby Signing Time" DVD's and is signing "heck yeah!" Actually, she is signing "baby" but that isn't as cool.


This is my make-shift Advent wreath. For weeks Andrew kept saying the kitchen smelled funny, like "feces" (by the way, anything that "smells weird" to Andrew gets equated with feces). It turns out that the smell was the coming from the candles. I did not think that they smelled anything like feces, more like petrochemical, but next year I think we will find some beeswax candles and keep these ones for emergencies.

The Lean Tree again! Rachel asked about how my cloth gift bag adventure turned out and you can see for yourself if you click on the picture. Notice all the gifts under the tree are wrapped using reusable/reused wrapping. Even the gift tags were made from last years Christmas cards. Hurray for frugal and Eco-friendly, plus, they look crafty fabulous.

Here Jeff-Dad is modeling the latest in reusable gift bag fashion. Doesn't he look stunning?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I just bought a bunch of beeswax candles, and they do smell so good! It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Lauren said...

What, no tutu picture?

Argh, you reminded me that yet again, I forgot to use the gift bag you made for me!! Seriously, I had it out and everything and was determined to use it because it's so cute, but it disappeared. I'm going to have to buy someone a gift just so I CAN use it. Oh wait! Net's birthday is coming up! Hoorah!