Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aaron's Wedding and "The Dress"

Ravenna and I are back from California after a lovely two weeks in sunshine and warmth. While we were gone Wyoming got a huge blizzard that left schools closed for 3 days! It took us two days to get home because of flight cancellations due to weather, but I digress.


The wedding of my brother Aaron was the main reason that we went to California. Here is my family (and my sister's boyfriend, Terry) all dressed up before the wedding. I would like to point out the red dress which I am wearing is the result of the advice of many friends based on this post. Special thanks are due to Hannah S. and J. Walker for their wonderful advice on the selection of this dress.
The wedding was in the area of Fresno, California at this lovely reception center. Despite warnings to the contrary, the weather was nice for the Christian ceremony and the reception following.
Here is the happy couple, Aaron and Pami Hettinger, nearing the end of their special day. I was not able to attend the Buddhist ceremony earlier in the day, but be sure to click here for some pictures from it and the events later in the day.

6 comments:

Tiana said...

You are such a hottie...and cute little Ravenna looks great with her Grandpa...I bet it was good to be home for a bit!

Hannah S said...

Your dress is the best looking one! I think you look simply elegant. And what a great smile from Ravenna in the 2nd photo.
So, is your brother Buddhist or your new SIL?

Carrie said...

Pami is technically Buddhist, but I don't think that she is practicing. Neither my brother nor Pami are religious but they did the two religious ceremonies out of respect for their parents.

MWilde said...

You look beautiful! I didn't realize the wedding was in Fresno, I might have made the drive up to see you for a couple hours. But, you were probably really busy with family things.
Anyway, hope all is well!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Love the dress!

Joy said...

You look great!