Monday, April 27, 2009

Things that make me HAPPY!

Who doesn't love baby toes?

I have been feeling really icky lately; like mind/body/soul icky and I just could not shake it, so Sunday evening I visited with an amazing woman that I will simply call a "healer" because I have no idea if what she does even has a name. In Eastern medicine healing is very much focused on the channeling of the energy that is within our bodies. This woman has the ability to sense that energy and help people heal by balancing it.

You may very well be thinking "Carrie has gone off the crunchy deep-end" but I do believe that there is truth in this. During my energy massage/reading (it was really quite relaxing) the healer noticed that my energy was dominantly angry and deeply sad. Ahhh poo! She found me out. The fact that she found the anger really surprised me, but the sadness did not. Despite her best efforts, for some reason I would not let go of this negative energy. The healer said that in order to get rid of the negatives, I have to crowd it out with positives and in my experience there is no better way to do that than by sharing some things that make me happy:

  • BBC Costume dramas: Today I watched my favorite, North and South, which, is NOT about the US Civil War.
  • Growing things: Inspired by Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, I picked up a ton of books on organic gardening, even with winter still going strong here in Gillette. I won't be able to use any of the information for a while, but I devour the pictures and daydream.
  • Ravenna's giggles: She is such a happy baby! I love playing with her and making her laugh.
  • Andrew's sometimes blundering thoughtfulness: He tries; he really does. Today he succeeded; I mentioned how much I liked the music in North and South so secretly he downloaded it for me.
  • Other people's happy news: I got a double dose of happy news today with a fellow crunchy mama who is expecting twin boys after having three girls, and Andrew's cousin Lisa got engaged!
Please share some of your happy thoughts with me! Funny stories, good news, things that make you smile...anything you want. Help me get rid of the negative energy!

10 comments:

TopHat said...

So on Saturday I heard and LDS naturopath talk about energy healing and stuff. His take on it was that the intelligences in our body have energies and you can communicate with them. Interesting.

Good news for me: I think I actually ovulated this month. However, I don't think my luteal phase will be long enough to sustain a pregnancy.

Other happy thought: it's spring! Farmers markets will be starting up soon! Garage sales, too!

Amanda said...

I have been through moments like that, Carrie. Well, life moments--which are longer than moments during my day. :) In fact, when I moved into Wymount, I had a lot of energy issues going on. I've never had mine read, but with the treatments I followed from my naturopath, everything cleared up. It is so great to get to the other side of that challenge and feel like you can fly again!

Happy news? Let's see...I saw a few sprouts in my garden today. Mostly in the lettuce row. There are a couple of onion tops showing through, but they were bulbs, so they didn't have to work as hard as those tiny little lettuce seeds.

More happy thoughts...I washed and folded ALL of our laundry yesterday! I was SO proud of myself--it's been MONTHS since I last did that. And, last time I did, I washed ALL my loads at the same time. So, doing it one load at a time was quite a feat for me. I was so tired--but it was a good, I've worked hard kind of tired.

Kallie is making MAJOR progress on her potty training regression. When we started moving, she started having issues. I've put the ball completely in her court and we've had fewer accidents in the past 2 weeks. This has been going on for almost 6 months, so that's good news, too!

We drove by the Ravenna sign coming out of Seattle the other day. It made me smile and think of you.

Today, the sun is shining, the birds outside are chirping, and I'm going to clean 2 bathrooms! I'm so grateful for the return of my energy. Good news, for sure.

Lastly--have you tried keeping a gratitude journal? Just writing down 5 things at the end of each day that you are grateful for? It helps put even negative situations in a positive light as you try to figure out why you're grateful for them. Just a thought...

It seems you're already well on your way to overcoming the negatives. I hope you'll give us updates as you progress! :)

Jenni said...

Hmm, things that make me smile...

Cute cloth diapers
Snuggly babies
Sleeping kids (they are always cute when they're asleep, no matter how frustrating they are when awake...and no, they don't outgrow it)
The cute way kids mispronounce things... Bear says "sank-oo" (thank you) for just abuot everything... "sank-oo to get da cracker" "sank-oo to put my shoes [on]"
One time when Wolf was about 4, he was saying his prayers and included the following bit: "We thank thee for policemen for keeping us safe....Bjooo! Bjooo! Bjoo!" (yep, shooting noises right in the prayer!)

OK, and my favorite couple of jokes:
Where do bees go to the bathroom?
At the B[ee] P[ee] Station

What happened when mickey mouse fell down and went boom?
He got disney spells!

Jacob and Rebecca Sharp said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE North and South! Such a great movie! My friend introduced it to me, and I had to run out a buy it.

Thanks for the reminder. I just may have to watch it!

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

Brightly colored flowers

Rain

Fresh fruit in my mouth

Strolling through craft groups on Flickr

Brasilian music

Deirdre singing to herself

Connor making up a bedtime story for me

Bryan's kisses

Rachelle said...

Happy stuff:
-Family together (like at the wedding. I loved it)
-Freckles!!!
-Going to Disneyland (it really never gets old)
-Pictures
-Being a aunt to a beautiful girl (who is one year old today!)
-Terry's laughs and screams on rides.(that weird? haha I just adore it)
-Hugs!
-Music :)
-haircuts

Go to my blog Carrie. I posted something called "simple moments of joy" It really is a great, uplifting read. I'll put it in the url.

Love you Carrie!

ps- Andrew doing the music thing for you is just adorable. I hope that my future husband is as great as Andrew is to you. :)

Lauren said...

Wow, I would be totally interested in going to one of these energy healer people. I wonder how I can find one....

Ok, happy things:

-Carter said Boopi for the first time yesterday. Like, really clearly. I think there are connections finally being made in his brain. I feel a language boom finally coming on!

-Lisa getting engaged made me happy too. :)

-Andrew is a stud! Lucky you. ;)

-Prospective plans this summer make me happy.

-Ravenna makes me happy.

-Carter's kisses make me happy. He was trying to wake me up this morning, and instead of jumping on me and crying his eyes out, he kissed me on the shoulder.

Anonymous said...

Happy things:
a Tempelpresident giving an amazing talk at Stake Conference

making chest nut muffins in spring

being deprived of sleep, while chatting with friends on the other side of the globe

Youth that mail you 2 years after EFY to thank you for something you said and you totally forgot about it

spring in the valley and snowy ski weather on the mountaintops

seeing beautiful pictures of children

the fact that i am moving back home in 6 weeks

M said...

I know all that positive mumbo shumbo works. Having a goal of 10-20positive things for a frustrating person or situation usually ends up in my losing count, but feeling better (I'm not so good with numbers obviously). Good for you for seeking out people and things that can lift you!

Lenzy said...

I just watched North and South for the first time last month with Ben. And yes, I loved it! I'm not quite sure Ben liked it as much as I did, but at least he watched it with me so I was happy!

My good news is that my stupid 20 page group paper is done and graded, and I got an A-! Wahoo, right?

Oh, and they replaced the stoves in our apartments today, so my nasty gritty, disgusting old stove is gone!