Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!


Andrew loves being a daddy

Yay for Father's Day! I can't believe that we are already working our way to the end of June and we have been in Pennsylvania for almost two weeks. Two rainy weeks, but they have still been full of fun. For Father's Day Andrew talked me into getting him a Nintendo Wii. "But why get a Wii when you have no job?" you might rightly be wondering. Well, all I can say for myself is that Andrew is so wonderful and has worked really hard so I think that he deserved to get something special.

Lest you think I have forgotten, CSA Week 3:

1 head of Green Leaf Lettuce (gorgeous!)
1 head of Red Bok Choi
1/2 lb. miscellaneous Greens (collard, kale etc.)
1 box of winter peas (these are so yummy!)
1 box strawberries
1 bunch of radishes
2 scallions
1/4 leaf lettuce mix
2 red beets

I may be forgetting something, but that seems to be all. We had an enjoyable time on the farm picking stawberries and peas and even made a friend. I tried out a recipe for greens this last week and it turned out nasty. Anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lauren C. said...

I know that bedroom! Ah, miss you guys. The good thing about a Wii is that Jon can play it too. ;)

Elisabeth said...

I want a Wii, too. I'm trying to get C to get me (or the family) one for christmas....

Harshes said...

How sweet! And yes our hubbies to deserve treats too! I so want to eat at your house! YUM. Green Smoothies? We put spinach and kale in ours.

DP said...

Unemployment is the perfect time to have a Wii—you actually have time to play it!

Too bad your unemployed days are numbered, Andrew.