Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Sex-Change

A few weeks ago I received a curious email from BYU informing me that there was a discrepancy with the Social Security Administration regarding my gender. Apparently, for all intents and purposes, the U.S. Government has considered me a man for 24 years of my life. Fascinating. This puts a whole new spin on life. Just think of the implications!

Today Andrew decided he had had enough of being married to a man and we took to trek 100+ miles away to the nearest SSA office in Sheridan, WY to prove, once and for all, that I am not a man. It took the SSA employee less than a moment to decide that I was telling the truth (no medical examination necessary) and after providing the requisite paperwork, we were on our way to enjoy all the fun that Sheridan had to offer. Unfortunately, there is little to do in Sheridan that we could not do in Gillette, so to celebrate my sex-change, we went to Starbucks where Andrew could get a hazelnut Steamer, and I, a hot chocolate and a cookie.

Not bad for a sex-change, eh?

8 comments:

HailerStar said...

Holy Cow! That's hilarious.
And props for Starbucks. They have the best chocolate pastries. Yum.

Anonymous said...

That is really weird...you think people would have caught that sooner...*gasp* Maybe you were really born a male...then you got captured by aliens....they changed you to a girl and changed mom and dads and everyone else's memory of you ever being a baby boy. The End.

Lindsay said...

That's so funny! I'm glad you got a fun outing out of it though. :)

The Spanns said...

hahaha, I am glad to know you are now a woman!

Jenni said...

oh that's hilarious.
I should nominate you for something for what post, I just don't know what. :p

Amanda said...

Yay for switching teams!

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

What a relief! Now you can have a legal marriage instead of a domestic partnership!

Natalie said...

That is so funny. My son Russell had the same incident. Luckily we found the error a year after he was born. I needed his birth certificate to get his passport and we discovered that his bc. said he was a girl. Poor Kid!