Friday, January 14, 2011

Crafty DIY in 2011

I was thinking this morning of some things that I want to do make/do in 2011, especially around my house. Since we have lived here for over a year I want to go crazy, or maybe just get stuff done. Here is my "to do" list:

-Reupholster Chairs: I have a set of neat arm chairs that were given to us a year ago. I have one completely ripped apart and ready to go but I have to get over my fear of calling an upholsterer and asking if I can buy some foam. It sounds easy enough but I have a fear of getting phone-chewed out.

-Paint the Stairwells: The base paint that they use on the walls in new home also acts as a magnet for greasy fingerprints. Enough said.


-Make reusable produce bags: I posted about these bags before but I REALLY need to do this! They are awesome!

-Make reusable snack bags: The awesomeness is overwhelming!


-Build this desk for the bedroom nook: We have a distinct lack of furniture in our bedrooms. While I would like to call it minimalism it really is just lack of resources. So, off to the lumber yard! Maybe this can be Andrew's spring break project?


-Maybe if we get really ambitious we can make this headboard?

-Wallpaper the powder room: Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to get nice wallpaper that doesn't look frumpy? I am a huge fan of wallpapering small spaces.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love so many of these ideas! Might just steal that headboard idea...

As for the wallpaper, I'm a fan of getting the embossed wallpaper that's meant to paint over. I think it looks clean, but adds interest because of the embossed patterns. I think it would be fantastic in a small space!

Laura Lynn said...

Sounds fun! Lowe's and HD have some nice wallpaper in stock as well as ordering. Benjamin Moore in E-town has a whole bunch of catalogs that you can order from as well.
I've seen your chairs and they will be so cool once you are done. Go for it!

Hannah S said...

Love that headboard. Love knock off wood.
Thank you for sharing the produce bags. I had never thought of that! And my grandma gave me a stash of the very same fabric that I didn't know what kind of bag to use them for! Sweet!
Good luck w/your projects!

Breinholt Family said...

You inspire me! xxoo Mary

Tama said...

This is one of my favorite sites http://ana-white.com/ for do it yourself furniture.