Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Inspiration




For the past few months I have been following the blog So You Think You're Crafty like a ravenous reality TV fan and have been really impressed/inspired to do a lot of the crafts. Only today I discovered the links to all the crafters participating on the right side. Duh! I thought I might share some of my favorites. I would love to post pictures, but I am pretty sure that isn't cool (does anyone know the rules?), so I will just post the links to the tutorials:

  • Mint-Ginger Preggo Pills:  Obviously this was more on my mind when I was pregnant but I still think it is an awesome idea and I would have really loved to have had these in my first trimester. 
  • Market Produce Bags: I already have reusable grocery bags but I have never been able to find good produce bags. These are great because they are mesh and this crafter used easy to find dollar store laundry bags.
  • Dinosaur Play Mat: Felt and Dinosaurs? Need I say more?

There are lots of great crafts on there but these three are ones that I think I might actually get around to making...one day.  Also, go check out one of this week's three finalists to SYTYC, Emilie (I know her in real life. It is like hanging around a crafting celebrity!).

3 comments:

Lafianza.doula said...

I remember once upon a time when I was crafty. ah. good times. though I never could sew very well. I do love to knit - only things that aren't hard! basically my downfall is that I am awful at taking directions! and I have barely enough time to sleep at this point. hmmm one day! until then I will just enjoy YOUR posts about crafts instead. and live vicariously through them :)

<3

Laura Lynn said...

As long as you link back to them they have no problem using their picture. Good, free publicity is never turned down. Most of them use watermarks for that reason so you're safe.

And those mint/ginger pills and recent boys' hats were so clever. I used to be more crafty once upon a time. I have a craft room calling my name but I keep ignoring
it.
Someday!

Vanessa said...

Hi there, I'm so glad you liked the Preggo Pills and Market Produce Bags! SYTYC was a tough schedule but tons of fun!