Friday, May 28, 2010

More Thrift Store Treasures!

No, just because I haven't posted any of my thrift store finds lately doesn't mean I stopped thrifting, I have just had very little time for blogging!

I got two of each of these a few weeks ago. I have decided that colored pressed glass is my favorite thing to buy. It just seems so beautiful, especially the lighter colors.

 Do you see what I mean about the colored glass? These were such fabulous deals that I couldn't pass them up! The glasses were 4 for a $1! The blue candy dish stole my heart and I couldn't leave without it.
These are some nice plate shelves I found that I thought I might be able to use to display some of my pressed glass plates but I think they might be too country for my style, even if I did paint them black. What do you think?
And this cute little trivet had to come home with me but not for long. As soon as I saw him I knew he was destined to go to a friend. Isn't he adorable? If it still had him I think I might name him Albert.

7 comments:

Dejah said...

Love that owl! Is the green dish in the first picture a plate, or cake stand? It is so pretty. David and I actually made thrift store lists for each other, in case we find stuff that someone else was looking for.

Carrie said...

The green glass is a plate. I wish it were a cake stand! I need a buddy who can keep an eye out for things for me, but the trouble is that I never know it until I see it. I have to fall in love with something before I will buy it unless it is absolutely utilitarian. With that said, I would LOVE a complete set of pressed colored glass dishes!

Unknown said...

i love the glass too! my grandma has a set of pink that i adore!

Laura Lynn said...

Love the colored glass. I haven't posted my thrifting segment lately either but I have been out a lot and scored some fun items! I need to get to that this weekend.

I love my little trivet!!

And I make my own cake stands with plates so that is something you can try. It's a little harder with glass because the epoxy can show through but if there are baked goods on it, you would never know!

Lafianza.doula said...

oh that trivet is adorable!! love it!

I have yet to find a good thrift store here. Ven has taken to hating the car for whatever weirdo reason so trip aren't quite as fun. today we tried a goodwill and it was the nastiest dirtiest place I looked around so it didn't see rude and then walked back out. seriously, it was that gross!

Dejah said...

I guess I usually have to see it to. Sometimes we text each other pictures of an item. I'll have to keep an eye out for a set of dishes like that. ;)

Sarah, the Healthy Home Economist said...

Ohh, I love the glass! It reminds me of this depression style green glass cannister I found in our home's attic when we moved in some years ago!