Thursday, March 25, 2010

This Weeks Flea Market Finds




On Tuesday of this week my friend Amber invited me to join her at Roots which is a farmers market/flea market/auction in nearby Manheim. I had been hearing about "Ruts" for a long time so I was very eager to go and see what all the fuss was about. While the super crowded food market area was not really my cup o'tea the flea market was a blast! My finds this week consist of a fruit bowl ($1), a neat vintage flower pin ($1) and a Pfaltzgraff soup tureen ($10). How awesome are these?! My favorite is the soup tureen as I have been looking for one for some time now. We like soup at the Whitlock Manor and serving it in a stock pot was just not cutting it for my June Cleaver sensibilities.

Speaking of June Cleaver, here is a lovely quote that I thought fit me to a "T":

Eddie Haskell: Gee, your kitchen always looks so clean.
June Cleaver: Why, thank you, Eddie.
Eddie Haskell: My mother says it looks as though you never do any work in here.

I imagine that her reply would be something like this: "Why of course I don't do any work in here, Eddie. What I do is magic!" Ahhhh, magic. That is what I call my new food processor.

4 comments:

The Hettinger Homestead said...

I love that fruit bowl! It looks so classy and yes, you're kitchen looks spotless.

Lafianza.doula said...

you crack me up :)


sorry i had to cancel on you for the park... i hope the we can do next week. everyone should be well by then.

MWilde said...

Oh, I am so envious of you fruit bowl right now! Great finds!

Campbell Family said...

Glad you liked ruts. . . kind of. :)
Loved the quote!