Friday, December 18, 2009

New House Photos: Main Floor

We have now lived in our house for a month and my dear sister-in-law (Hi, Lauren!) reminded me that I still had not posted pictures. While my home still hasn't reached the degree of perfection that I aspire to, and maybe never will, here are some photos to satisfy your curiosity. Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could finish, so this is what you get.

This view is from the living room into the kitchen. You can see the back slider that is our main entrance and through that our tiny backyard and garage entrance. We haven't gotten around to that chandelier yet, but soon the brassy brassiness will be gone a la a can of Krylon.


I decided to include this picture of the main floor front window to show that we are on the ground floor from the back but on the 2nd floor from the front. This is due to the house being built into a hill. Our front entry actually goes right into the basement. It is hard to describe, but I will post pictures as soon as my battery is charged.

This is my kitchen from the back sliding entry. I love my gas stove and actually love that my sink is in the island. The dishwasher is right next to the sink.

The view from the pantry. You can see our neighbors garage through the window. Isn't my buffet awesome? I got it at IKEA and it took me four hours to assemble. I still have some decorating to do. For more views of the kitchen, see this post.

This is the view of the living room from the kitchen, and of course, Ravenna. The first door on the right is our powder room and the second door beyond it is the entrance to the stairs going down to the basement/front entry. Notice our artificial Christmas tree is leaning to the left? Yeah, I call this the "lean" tree for obvious reasons but also that we will only use it in the lean years that we cannot afford a live tree. Rock on, Lean Tree; the weeks outside of your box are few.

You can kind of see our piano just below the banister. This view is from the bottom of our stairs leading up to the 3rd floor. We are using what is supposed to be the formal dining area as our entertaining area and eventually the area in front of the windows, behind the couch, will be our library/play area/office/music room.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors. It reminds me of how fun it was to move into our first home (we built it too).

Dear sister-in-law Lauren said...

Holy crap! I so badly want to come and see it. I love the decor.... heck, we've lived in our house a year and a half and I still don't have pictures hanging on the walls. Really jealous that you inherited the piano, I loved that baby. Anyway, your house looks so comfy and warm, and your Christmas tree looks pitiful. :P

Dejah said...

The walls are so pretty, what a beautiful home!

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

I love all the space!

Dave Burdon said...

Nice place Andrew! Loving the beard too...Been good to browse your blog and see what your up too - Ravenna is cute.