Thursday, July 17, 2008

And the winner is...Wyoming???


Driving Through Wyoming


Our prayers have been answered, and this answer definitely shows that our Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor. After months of despairing that Andrew wouldn't find a job he was finally offered one in Gillette, Wyoming! How is that for putting a kink in our well-intended plans?

We had always intended on moving to the East after we finished school and had dreams of all the lovely trees and landscapes (not to mention all the cool places to visit), but it seems that we are needed in Wyoming for some reason or another. We really hope that it isn't too permanent, though! We will keep dreaming of trees in the meantime.

A little info about Wyoming and Gillette. Did you know that Wyoming is the LEAST populated state in the Union? I wonder why...I guess we will find out as soon as we move there. Gillette is situated in the north eastern part of Wyoming and calls itself "The Energy Capital of the Nation." Gillette is a small town of about 30,000 people and it has great schools, which is the main reason why we are moving there. Andrew will have no worries about losing his job because of budget cuts (unlike most of the nation). It is also near such sites as Mount Rushmore and Devils Tower, so if anyone is looking to do some site seeing, stop on by!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on the job! Wyoming has some BEAUTIFUL places. I've been to Lander, (on the west side), once and have always wanted to go back because it was so gorgeous. I hope your family has a wonderful experience there!

Lindsay said...

I was similarly pretty wary of moving to NYC. Last year when Blake was applying for jobs, I cringed every time he applied to one out here. But you know? I've grown to absolutely love it here, and, at least for the time being, don't want to live any place else. I imagine that once you get settled in Gillette, you'll feel similarly.

Congrats on the job, though! What a relieving feeling it is to know you're employed! And Gillette seems to be a nice town. We drove through once (I think we were headed to the Black Hills in SD) and stopped there to eat our picnic lunch. I remember it being a nice place. Plus, that part of Wyoming, I think, is quite pretty. Very different (in some respects, anyway) from the Wyoming along I-80. :) So when do you guys head out? Good luck with the move and have fun!

TopHat said...

We'll miss you! I hope you enjoy Wyoming, though.

Blasphemous Homemaker said...

Stop by playgroup at least one more time before you leave us!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Good luck in your new home! You never know--Wyoming might grow on you--that is precisely what has happened as we have lived here in Tucson. First, didn't like it. Now, I think it's a great place with great people and lots of beauty.

Erin said...

Congratulations on the job. If it is near Mt. Rushmore you will love it. Rob and I drove through that part of Wyoming to get to our internship and found the Black Hills very pretty.

Brittany Hall said...

Wow, you're gone already? Crazy!! How did the drive go? Do you have housing? I'm excited for you!!