Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ravenna as a lion

This weekend our stake had a trunk-or-treat and Halloween carnival. Even though Ravenna is too young to eat candy (but I am not! he he he) we thought it would be fun to take her anyway. She was super excited when people would put candy in her bucket and would wave her arms and say "ooooo, oooo" which I am sure means, "more, more." I was pretty disappointed, though, because most people took one look at her and then proceeded to dig around their bowls trying to find "baby appropriate" candy...ummm hello? There is no such thing as "baby appropriate" candy. The only way that she is going to get it is through me, so load me up with the CHOCOLATE! I didn't actually say that, but I appreciated what chocolate I got anyway. I am looking forward to when she is older and I can more fruitfully reap from her Halloween rewards.
After trunk-or-treating and rubbing off all her makeup from chewing on a bag of pretzels

All ready to go get some candy!


8 comments:

Dejah said...

I love that, what an adorable little lion!

TopHat said...

I've tried to make chocolate milk for Margaret by eating lots of chocolate. It doesn't seem to work, sadly.

She is a cutey though!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what a "darling and precious" granddaughter we have! Where did you get the adorable costume?

Carrie said...

This is a secondhand costume I got from a friend in Wymount whose daughter is exactly 1 year older than Ravenna. Pretty cool, huh?

Anonymous said...

Way cute!! I'm still trying to figure out what to dress Carter up as for halloween. Last year was so awkward because people would look at me like, "I know this candy is actually for you, so why should I give you any?" No one even noticed how cute Carter actually was in his costume. So this year I'm excited because he actually gets to walk around and get candy for himself (and for me :P )! I wish Rav and Cart could go together!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Awwww! What a cutie!

Becca Sharp said...

Adorable pics! I don't think I can take Alexia out to trick-or-treat yet, since she's only 3 months old. But, I wish I could - more candy for me!!!
Hey, I found your blog on one of the Wymount ladies blogs, and I'm wondering if I can put a link to your blog on my blog...(jakenbec.blogspot.com). Email me and let me know. littlebec1@gmail.com.

By the way, I'm still in awe of you that you do cloth diapering. You're superwoman!

Tiana said...

Such a cute lion!