Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthin' Momma Cake and Baby Shower

Look how good Amanda is at multitasking!
For my baby shower with my friends this last weekend I decided to go crazy and make a Birthin' Momma cake. I got the idea from this website: http://www.birthingfromwithin.com/mamma_cake but decided it would freak people out if it was as graphic as the original, so we adapted it. This is supposed to be me in labor (happy thoughts) and my friends Elisabeth and Jillynn helped me make it. It took hours to decorate but check out that rack! She is certainly more busty than we anticipated but we got a lot of laughs, especially when it came to eating the cake...




Check out this quilt made by my friend, Natalie. Isn't it amazing? She even made it with vintage fabrics! I got a ton of beautiful homemade gifts like this one and I am so grateful that my friends were so thoughtful!
Natalie and Jamie eating the breasts from the birthin' momma cake. Yum!





7 comments:

Lauren C. said...

BWAhahahahahahaha. Boob cake. I'm glad you had fun, wish I could've been there!!

Amanda said...

LOL! Love it!! I had to show Ryan the cake--describing it just didn't do it justice!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

hehehe I love the cake! What a beautiful quilt too. Your friend who made that has got amazing talent! Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Kelly said...

Sorry I missed the party. It's no fun being sick and missing out on all the good stuff!

I'm not sure that your cake wasn't more graphic. Oh man!

Natalie's quilt is gorgeous. What a treasure. (She's got good taste though. Just look at her every Sunday.)

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff..

tebazele said...

I love the cake! I wish I could have come to the shower! My favorite part is the flowers on the breasts. Wasn't that Sister Karlsen's idea?

Carrie said...

Twas her idea, Jeanne! She even made them herself.