Sunday, February 17, 2008

McDonalds and the Epidemic


This is Andrew at one of his better moments today.
So Andrew is really super sick. I have never seen him this sick before...ever. I mean, I was seriously beginning to think he had some awesome superpower that protected him from illness and I was contemplating a way to steal it.


Anyway, today being Sunday we were both supposed to speak in Sacrament meeting about hope. Andrew could not make it of course (which stinks because I almost had the entire talk written for him; it was going to be great), so I went alone, another first in our marriage. After the meeting block was over I called Andrew to check on him and he was so out of it that I could not understand anything that he was saying. All I got was: "McDonalds, epidemic, wierd...uhhhrrgghh." What can all of this mean? Did McDonalds create a super virus that is attacking our Ward on epidemic proportions? It sure felt like that today, but it did make giving my talk on hope easier as it was rather entertaining to focus on the individual sleepers rather than a sea of faces.


When I finally got home from Church Andrew explained to me that those three words and grunt/moan pertained to a dream he had (no worries, you can still eat at McDonalds). A good thing that came of this "epidemic" is that the Elder's quorum president stopped by to give Andrew a really beautiful blessing and now he is sleeping peacefully. It makes me really grateful to live in such a tight-knit community here at Wymount and I will really miss it when we are forced out at the end of July. I will not miss using a laundromat, however. Nope, not one bit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Give Andrew a hug for me!

Dad W.

Anonymous said...

I've been sick too!I had fevers, one got to 102)a cough, sore throat, etc. But I have been feeling better. I'm hoping to make it to work tommorow. I'm glad you have a blog! Too bad you can't see mine cuz "Big Brother is watching" BYU. :P Hope Andrew feels better soon.

Brittany Hall said...

Hey, on a different subject, those g diapers are really cool!! They are a tad more expensive than plastic. Hmm. Why does helping the environment have to cost $? :)

HailerStar said...

Sorry your husband was sick!
Though you scared me for a minute with the epidemic comment because there was some story I missed on the news about a major food chain that is having issues. And with the recent catastrophe over the meat recall (also on the news...oddly watched alot of it lately, usually don't) due to the cattle being ill, and a lot of that meat going to schools and fast food joints...well all the info added up and made a scary sort of sense.
This is good that it is false tho. I like McD's occasionally. I prefer subway though!
How's you? How's the baby growing? Where do you think you'll move to after July? (Come to Arizona!)
Love,
H.