Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter Solstice


To celebrate the shortest day of the year I decided to hold a play group/party. I wasn't able to get many pictures because Ravenna was having a rough time but I think the party still turned out pretty well. The kids played, the mom's chatted, sugar plums were made and devoured and a peanut butter was smeared onto pine cones in the hopes of feeding hungry birds. Fun stuff!

I loved this recipe for sugar plums! I even soaked and dehydrated the walnuts beforehand! They were very easy to make, reasonably healthy, and the kids seemed to enjoy dipping them into various substances. We used sugar, coconut and cocoa powder (the least favorite with the kiddos). I think the best part was getting mom's and kids out of their homes on the darkest day and finding something to celebrate!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

It was SO fun!
I blogged about it here too.
http://www.em-il-ie.com/2011/12/visions-of-sugerplums.html