Friday, May 16, 2008

Two weeks old!




The last few weeks have been such a magical time for our little family. Ravenna is such a joy to have around. We love the funny faces she makes and most especially her sweet smiles which always seem to come at just the right time. Andrew and I both agree that we have never been so happy.
Venna is growing so well! She is already two inches longer and weighs 8lbs. 5 oz. After seeing three lactation consultants I think that she is finally starting to get it. What a relief! We haven't had to tube feed her for a number of days, and I am only pumping once or twice a day.
We have been abundantly blessed with our little girl and despite the challenges of being parents we agree that it is all worth it.

6 comments:

TopHat said...

Hooray! You'll get that breastfeeding relationship down, I'm sure. Congrats again- she's beautiful.

Amanda said...

I love the little "cocoon" picture on the boopy. I have some of those of Kallie and they just make me happy! :)

I'm glad that Ravenna is getting the breastfeeding thing down. Definitely cuts down on the stress when the baby is growing (and eating) well.

Hannah S said...

what a little peanut! She looks so cute! I hated doing the syringe feeding thing...but eventually it all worked out :) I am glad you are happy through it all!

Lauren C. said...

My heart just melts everytime I see a picture of her! I'm so happy for you guys! It looks like we probably won't be down to UT before the blessing, but I can't wait to see you all!

I'm also glad the breastfeeding is getting better! Go Venna!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

She is beautiful! Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're doing so well.

Valerie said...

She is GORGEOUS Carrie! Congratulations! You and Andrew do great work!